In this case I’m using Death Guard Plague Marine, so the flames are green, but this simple method should work for every color.
For me there are two rules for painting flames:
- You can make highlight at the top or bottom of the flame. Either way looks good on the miniature, but in reality the source of flame is the brightest point.
- No matter which color you pick, the brightest point should be white in each case.
- It important to paint first layer with regular brush and only then use airbrush, this way you won’t screw up the backpack. I just painted whole flame using (Emerald Green – VMC + Flat Black – Andrea).
- Time for the airbrush part, I sprayed the flame from the top with (Lime Green – VMC + Emeral Green – VMC). Little bit of the paint should reach the backpack creating OSL effect from the flame.
- I added a little bit of (Surface Primer White – Vallejo) to the previous mix and sprayed final highlight. The End!
That’s all guys! I hope it was in some way helpful. Please let me know what would you change or add to the content.
If you decide to use any of that, please send me the results.
If you want to support this blog and get some awesome painting materials check out our Patreon.
You can reach me via Patreon Message or mail: email@example.com